Saturday, May 06, 2006

The influence of Teachers

Teachers...

In a school environment, the teachers are no doubt among the most important figures in schools..I mean who r u kidding. If u mention schools, the direct connection is teacher - student.

I remember when i was in my Secondary school years..kat mana lagi la kan? Mesti la kat Mahsuri ..I had seen many types of teachers..but these two especially stick in my mind..Not mentioning names of course..one was my BM teacher and one was my Math teacher..i wont tell you which form too..it is not in my intention to give anyone any bad name.. this is just an example...

This one BM teacher, his routine in teaching us was like this.. He would enter the class. He would say "open your text book page this and this...ok you (mentioning someone's name) ..read the writing on that page loudly and then everyone answer the questions on that xx page ...." or he would write a title on the green board and told us to make an essay on it.

I used to have this great worry in my mind...like..how would i improve my BM? My very already limited and fragile BM was in need of BiG help.. i do meant Bigggggg help...A malay i am..but..my BM (esp the formal BM) was and is like...malu nak cakap...and like most students, i was totally dependent on my teachers to *show me the way*.. Alhamdulillah ...yup..very very Alhamdulillah la... the teacher teaching us BM the next year....was ok...

And in my personal opinion, the best BM teacher mahsuri had seen in my schooling years was cikgu Lat Da...She may be a siamese by race..but phewwwwwwwww!! Man!! i tell you!! She has the perfect BM and the best part of all..she taught us BM perfectly!! Just imagine, personally i was just aiming for c6 in my SPM (credit is enough for me) and with her help..i got c3!!i wont be suprised if she is now a Cikgu Pakar BM.


And the other teacher..she taught me Math.She was new to our school that year.If i am not mistaken, she just got transferred from a boarding school. While teaching us, she kept telling us how very good her students in her previous school was. How perfect they were to her bla bla bla.. (Maybe she resented to be tranferred to a small town school? i dunno) The whole class subconsciously (we never planned it) retaliated by failing that subject. Can u imagine the whole class failing maths? And there we were..supposedly the best class. The next year..Alhamdulillah we got another teacher..She had managed to make us love maths again..she had given us back our faith and regained our interest for that very important subject.

Yes..it is true... you cannot blame your teacher for the failing u have education wise. Yes.. it is also true that every student should be responsible for his or her own learning. But, it is also true that a teacher plays a very big role in either making a student either love or hate a particular subject.

I shudder in fear if i ..in my very short career as a teacher years ago...had made a student..any student hate the subject i had taught...

"To err is human..to forgive is divine"
And i may have erred subconsciously.. Allah korusun (May Allah forbid)

And to every teacher who had crossed my way..teaching me...guiding me...


Thank you for everything.

Halalkan segala ilmu yang cikgu cikgu pernah bagi...
Jasamu tetap dikenang..

May Allah bless you all!!

Dan next month(awal june) Ustazah Fathiyah nak mai my flat...tak sabar nak jumpa ustazah.....sesapa geng mahsuri yg rasa teringin nak melawat istanbul ..sila la datang...my home ni apartment ja..kecik ja...tapi hati kami besar...so u guys r welcome to come anytime ....kalau tak cukup space..korang bole tido kat bath tub..hehehehehe

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger kayhus54 said...

Simah, Ustazah nk Pi Istanbul ker?? eee...bestnye!! teringin aku nk pi sana! takpe kalau ada rezeki insyaalah sampai jugak nnt!! Hang kirim salam aku kat Ustazah...

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger simah said...

insyaAllah..will do....hang pon nanti one day mai la kat sini...at times especially musim hujan kat mesia selalunya ada half price ticket ker turki..check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home